Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: A Wild Mom's Night Out

 photo WW325_zpsfhzuepls.jpg



Share your own family friendly Wordless Wednesday post.









 If you want a truly "wordless" post then stop, don't keep reading!  Otherwise, there's more . . .





Last night my wonderful husband gave me a much needed break, hence the "Wild Mom's Night Out".  It had been a busy weekend -- he was gone at a conference, my sister was able to visit (yippee!), and both kids were sick.  Dominic, while a better sleeper than his sister was at this age, still wakes up at least three times a night (and has been waking up quite a bit more than that recently).  I desperately needed some down time.  Thankfully, my hubby noticed and sent me out.

My first stop was the craft store to check out the Red Heart Soft Yarn sale.  (If you have an A.C. Moore nearby you should go!) I restrained myself, and only bought four skeins -- two purple and two blue.  I think that I might make a cute chevron blanket with the yarn.  Do you think that would look nice with the two yarns pictured above?  I then visited the library where I picked up Uncommon Criminals, the second the Heist Society series.  (I have to give a shout out to Rae Gun Ramblings for the book choice.)  Finally, I picked up Pizza Hut for some stuffed crust goodness and Dr Pepper.  

I had the oddest sensation at every stop that I was forgetting something.  I had to physically check the back seat of the car to make sure the kids weren't there, even though I knew without a shadow of doubt that they were safe at home with Daddy.  I honestly don't know when the last time was that I was able to browse the library without little people!  It felt like such a luxury.  Silly, I know.  But true nonetheless.  

How often do you get a "wild" night out?  What are some of your favorite little pick me up stops?  




5 comments:

  1. I like your idea of a "wild night out" hehe. Hope you had a nice, fun night!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my kind of night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featuring this as my Philosopher Favorite for our YFP#30!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!