Friday, November 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes: A Little Perspective

1.  This morning hasn't been the best of mornings.  One child is being cranky and contrary.  The other is getting into everything.  (I mean, seriously, where did that stick come from?  Or that chalk?)  My morning exercising was cut short.  The computer keeps crashing.  Food ended up on the carpet.  There was yelling.  There was crying.  There was whining.  (Although I am proud to say none of it was by me.  At least, not yet.)  We are finally having a couple of moments of calm, one child nursed to sleep and another returned from time out wanting to look at books.  I decided to pop online for a bit.  That's when I saw . . .

2.  This story about women and their (lack of) bathrooms.

3.  Fellow alumni from my alma matter just lost their precious baby.

4.  Another alum just found out his pregnant wife has a brain tumor.

5.  A woman in one of my online mommy groups got a call that her husband was found unresponsive at work.

6.  Last, but certainly not least, all of the war and political unrest happening now.

7.  All of the sudden my morning is looking a lot better.



Update: Life is good.  Even if one child is back in timeout and the other is now cranky from being woken up from a lovely nap.  I think Mommy might get pie for lunch today.




 Linking up here.


6 comments:

  1. Pie for lunch makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about perspective, isn't it? I've had a string of "poor me" days due to chronic pain lately, but none of it can even compare to the things you've mentioned. Today I'm going to remember how truly blessed I am! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder to put things in perspective. It has been one of those day here too except I am on the other end of child raising with adult or almost adult children and one that wants to make such stupid decisions and totally disregards our counsel.....however reading your list made me stop my grumbling and say how very blessed I am!! Pie for lunch would make everything look brighter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a song not too long ago called One of Those Lives by Brad Paisley. In it, he talks about how bad his day is going until he hears about a friend of his and then all of a sudden, his day doesn't look quite so bad. It's a precious song, just like days like this when you realize, it isn't as bad as a could be.
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminder of how good our lives really are. It's so easy to forget that when we're in the midst of a pity party. Praying for your friends and their situations. Enjoy your pie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!