Thursday, July 10, 2014

Black Bean Cupcakes


A friend of mine posted this recipe on Facebook.  I'm always on the lookout for slightly healthier desserts, so I thought that I'd give this a try! My substitutions are noted below.  


Black Bean Cupcakes
1 15.5 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained (original recipe called for a 15 oz can)
4 eggs
5 Tbsp butter (original recipe called for coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c. sugar (original recipe called for xylitol or Stevia)
7 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt

Grease cupcake pan.  Preheat oven to 350.

1. Blend beans until smooth.  

2. Blend in eggs, vanilla, and butter.
3. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.

4. Fill cupcakes about halfway.
5. Bake about 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

I added a little frosting, at Catherine's urging it was bright orange.  I thought that the texture was amazing.  If I hadn't made them I wouldn't have guessed that they were made from beans and not flour. 


I love sharing my projects at parties like these!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! This is definitely going on my "must make" list. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!