Monday, February 3, 2014

Child's Headband Crochet Pattern


Catherine has been watching me work on my Purple Ribbed Cowl and asked me to make her something with the leftover yarn.  There wasn't a whole lot left, so I improvised and made her this headband.  Lucky me, she loves it!

Photo editing by the talented Sarah Piron.  You can find her at The Roasted Legend.
(I'm still rather new at writing patterns, so if you have any questions, or something doesn't seem right, please ask!)

I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn and an H hook.

Chain 3.
Row 1: Skip one chain, 2 sc, ch 1, turn.
Rows 2-6: 2 sc, ch 1, turn.
Row 7: 2sc in each st (4 stitches total), ch 1, turn.
Row 8-12: 4 sc, ch 1, turn.
Row 13: 2sc in 1st st, 2 sc, 2sc in last st (6 stitches total), ch 1, turn.
Rows 14 -54: 6 sc, ch 1, turn.  (This is where you should add or subtract rows as necessary for proper fit.)
Row 55: 1 sc dec, 2 sc, 1 sc dec (4 stitches total), ch1, turn.
Rows 56-60: 4 sc, ch 1, turn.
Row 61: 2 sc dec (2 stitches total), ch 1, turn.
Row 62-66: 2 sc, ch 1.
Slip stitch ends together.
Single crochet around both ends.  (I actually did this twice for a more defined edge.)
Add any crocheted flower you'd like.  (I have two patterns that you might like, a rose and a cute little five petal flower.)
Weave in ends.
Enjoy the cuteness!



Follow on Bloglovin 


I love to share my projects at various parties including these!


14 comments:

  1. Very pretty :-) And I mean your daughter as well as your pattern! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute!! If headbands actually stayed on my head I would want one for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends on the type of material for me . . . some stay put and some simply don't. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Rachel! Stopping by from the Funky Polka-dot Giraffe Linky party. This is adorable and your daughter is the perfect little model, so darn cute! My girls would love this so I'll have to make two now :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I think she's pretty cute too. ;-) But I'm biased. I'd love to see how your headbands turn out!

      Delete
  4. She is so cute! The headband is adorable on her :) pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, both the headband and your daughter. I have copied the pattern to do a couple for my grand daughters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just discovered your place, really nice indeed. Very nice headband on a really nice and sweet little face.

    Lluisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw what a pretty headband. Lovely photos too, your daughter looks adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet headband! Warm and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!