Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another Crochet Project: The Yellow Hat


I have been looking for a good hat pattern that uses half double crochet.  This pattern popped up on Pinterest a lot last week, so I thought that I'd give it a try.


Like I said in my WIPS post last week, I'm not in love with the pattern.  It is fine.  However, I think that the increases could be staggered a bit more nicely.  I made the 3-5 year old size, but it is a bit small for my three year old.  It fits, but quite snugly.  (I'll be putting together my own pattern shortly, so keep an eye out for it!)


For the finishing touches, I added a few rows of single crochet at the bottom and slip stitched all around.  I then crocheted a rose, using my pattern, to add a bit of "girlyness" to the hat.



What is your favorite crochet hat pattern?  Do you have one that uses half double crochet?


Follow on Bloglovin 





I love sharing my projects!
 {Here} and here are some of the places I party: Fine Craft Guild & Hookin on Hump Day



Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com


10 comments:

  1. I love that hat - the jolly colours sure banish winter blahs! I made a strawberry hat for my four-year-old using hdc, http://chrissiecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/bloomin-cal-strawberry-season.html
    I like the density of the stitch, but I also ad to be careful with sizing...perhaps our children just have very large brains...? ;-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one beautiful yellow hat... i love the little flower on it...!!

    Have a great week!
    ~ Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice hat! I like the color and this flower turns it very chic. As I have a son, most of the time, I had eyes, a nose etc lol
    I came from We did it wednesday linky.
    See you ^_^
    Ally

    http://allyandwoozle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, this is so sweet. I saw it at Pin It Thursday. It's posts like these that make me want to crochet- I haven't seemed to be able to pick it up quite yet. My daughter taught herself...maybe I can too, some day. The yellow hat is so cheery paired with a snowy day- your daughter looks like she really likes it!

    I would love for you to link this up at my party, Treasure Box Tuesday, going on now. I'm following along on Twitter and Google+. Happy Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you linked up! Pinned, and shared on Google+! Hope to see you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling girl, cute hat, sweet flower embellishment. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture is just the sweetest! The hat looks great on her and the flower is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Really like the flower pattern - might adapt that to a newborn headband for my upcoming newborn session, thanks! (Seen on Take-a-Look Tuesday.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright cheerful colors! I make quite a few hats but I don't recall ever doing one with HDC. I think you just work in increments of 10 instead of 6. Or it might be 8 for HDC and 10 for DC. I hope you figure it out. Thanks for sharing on Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel, I've featured your hat today on Worthwhile Wednesdays!
    ~Allie @ http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!