Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIPS: A Success, A Failure, A Teaser, and Future Projects


The knitting is coming along.  The Easy Mistake Scarf is starting to look like a scarf.  There are some places where my purls and knits are a little off, but I'm not really going to worry about that.  (Sorry the above picture is so bad, for some reason I simply can't get a good picture of this particular Work In Progress.)

I tried to start knitting a hat.  Tried being the operative word.  My circular needles are 24 inches, which obviously would make a huge hat, so I needed to employ the Magic Loop.  I failed.  Just failed miserably.  I *think* part of my problem is the super easy cast on method that I found doesn't have enough bulk or stability or something.  I am trying to decide if I should try again or buy double point needles.  I'm leaning towards trying again with a different cast on method.  (I'd rather not spend a lot of money and it does look like the Magic Loop could be a helpful thing to learn.)  Any words or wisdom, advice, encouragements, warnings, etc., are more than welcome!   

After my knitting a hat fiasco I needed a quick, somewhat instant gratification, project so I crocheted a cute little Orange Hat for Catherine.  Since my girl is just adorable (in my humble opinion) I'm putting together a full blog post on it for tomorrow.  (The Orange Hat post is live now!)  So for today, here's a little teaser:



My next knitting project will most likely be this Thick and Quick Ribbed Cowl and I am thinking it's time to crochet some more snowflakes

I will be sharing this post at the following:
Frontier Dreams with Nicole
Work In Progress with Tami
Yarn Along with Ginny

And maybe some of these places!

4 comments:

  1. I knit a scarf once. I gave it to my mom and she loved it! Luckily, I knit it with really fuzzy yarn and it hid a lot of mistakes!! :) Now that I have a bit more time on my hands, perhaps I will get the old knitting needles out again! Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic loop is definitely worth learning, I can't believe I put up with tiny circular needles and DPN's for so long! I'd suggest learning how to do the Two Tail/Long Tail cast on. It's simple to do once you've got the rhythm of it and it gives you a neat edge. Plus it works the first row of knitting at the same time so you're already one row ahead lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the magic loop! I have been knitting for a couple years, and I still have not successfully learned it. I give up, and then I just start a different project.
    The hat looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the magic loop with needles, I do it with crochet hook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!