Don't forget about my TWO awesome giveaways!
1. I am very glad that Catherine and I have a pool membership! One of the major drawbacks of apartment living is that there is no backyard where we can let Catherine run off some energy. The pool, besides having an Olympic sized big pool and a huge kiddie pool, has a large grassy area with various toys, climbing structures, play kitchens, and sandboxes--which she carefully avoids.
3. With the help of calorie counting (www.myfitnesspal.com), swimming, and other exercising I am about half a pound away from losing ten pounds in six weeks!
4. Now that I finally got my sewing machine out (shorts/skirt) I've been browsing various online fabric shops. There are so many beautiful fabrics out there! I love these from Southern Fabric:
5. Of course, most of the fabrics that I really love are out of my price range--but that doesn't stop me from looking! Do any of my readers have a go-to place for nice but super inexpensive fabric?
6. I have a sad tendency to not be able to keep plants alive, but I've had this orchid for a year and a half and it bloomed again! I am so happy. It seems to be pretty happy on my kitchen window sill.
7. My baby girl turns two next week. It might be cliche, but I can't believe have fast she is growing up!
Check out more Quick Takes!