Monday, August 27, 2012

Beaded Crochet Wrap Bracelets


I gave a teaser of my Beaded Crochet Wrap Bracelets last week in my WIPS post.  (That's Works In Progress if you didn't know!)  I am happy to report that I've finished a few and am pretty happy with how they turned out!

This was my first time to incorporate beads in a crochet project and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was!  Basically, to use beads you string all of the beads that you are going to use before you begin crocheting.  I worked a little bit of Elmer's glue into the end of the yarn until it was stiff and pointy and then end was a "needle" to make stringing easier.  Then I just worked my crochet chain as normal, and whenever I wanted to add a bead I just slid it up the yarn and worked it into my stitch.  (So, in a nutshell: 1) string beads 2) crochet as normal adding a bead when you want. Super easy peasy!)



This silvery grey bamboo yarn looks great with the clear glass seed beads.  It did take a bit of patience to string all of the tiny seed beads onto the yarn!  The beads add a bit of subtle sparkle and glam.  I also made a similar bracelet using the same yarn but gorgeous reddish-orange beads.

Now available for purchase

You can purchase this one at my Etsy Shop!
Well, not anymore, someone already did!

On my Multi-Colored Bead Wrap Bracelet I love how the glass beads "pop" out.  They are eye-catching and super fun!

I also made one non-wrap bracelet.  I once again used the silvery grey yarn, but this time I used green aventurine beads.  





I will be making more of these--both for myself and to sell in my shop!  They are just so much fun to make and to wear!
I love linking up at parties!  
You can check my button page or follow any these links to see where I link up each week!

Made by You Mondays, Just Something I Whipped Up, Making Monday Marvelous, A Round Tuit, Make it Yourself Monday, I Made It! Monday, Craftastic Link Party,  Craft-O-Maniac, What's In the Gunny Sack?, Make it Great, Take a Look Tuesday, Mix it up Monday!, Terrific Tuesdays, One Project at a Time, Cowgirl Up, Show Me What You Got, Will Craft for..., Your Whims Wednesday, What We Wore, Made, and Read, Tip Toe Thru Tuesday, What I Whipped Up, Made By Me, Time for a Party, It's a Party!, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Show Off Your Stuff, A Crafty Soiree, Hookin Up with HoH, Creative Juice Thursday, Commercial Break Thursday, Catch a Glimpse, DIY Diva, Things I've Done,  Chic & Crafty, Friday Favs Party, Shine on Fridays, Friday Fun Party, Financial Friday, I {Heart} Fridays, Creative Bloggers Party

12 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. My daughter would love those. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be updating my Etsy shop soon if you're interested... ;-)

      Delete
  2. I like them! Especially the long ones with the seed beads!!! Super cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty! They'd be great to sell, especially at a fair. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am hoping that they will be good sellers... One just never knows! :-)

      Delete
  4. i'm sooo in love with that multicolored one! love it so much, i just bought it! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you! I am so glad that you like it, I'll mail it out to you ASAP. :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful bracelets!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!