I don't have an exact recipe and it does change a little bit each time I make it, but this is it essentially. I love how simple it is!
|I love the aroma of chili cooking in the crock pot!|
- 1 pound ground meat (I use either turkey or beef)
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 cans light red kidney beans
- 2 cans chili beans (Aldi has a super tasty variety!)
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can tomato paste
- salt to taste (especially if beans are no sodium)
- a couple of shakes of garlic powder
- a couple of shakes of cumin
- chili powder
Corn Casserole is a relatively new food for my little family. We were hooked the first time we had it! I also love that this is a one dish casserole--I assemble everything in the baking dish. It pairs extremely well with the above chili.
|Unbaked and ready to go into the oven!|
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 box of cornbread
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
For my little family these two recipes make enough food for one dinner and a couple of lunches--I love leftovers!