Friday, May 11, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

ONE
Don't these brownies look delicious?  They look mouthwateringly moist!  (I'm a big proponent of fudgey over cakey when it comes to brownies!)  They taste pretty darn good too.  Don't tell Catherine (because she's such a picky eater) but the main ingredient is black beans.  That's right, beans.  Honestly, I am impressed by how good they are.  I can't seem to find the recipe that I used, but it is very similar to this one by Tammy.  As far as I can tell (remember) the only difference is that we used half a cup of sugar.  I also didn't have enough chocolate chips on hand so I threw in some peanut butter chips and M&M's.  Tasty!

TWO
Speaking of my picky eater, can raisins and Cheerios be counted as two separate food groups?

THREE
Last week I hosted my first link party.  I am hosting my second right now.  I am going to try to make Teaching Time for Toddlers a regular thing on my blog.  (So, please, if you have any posts that are about toddlers come and share!)

FOUR
My sewing skills are slowing returning.  I made a practice pair of shorts; which I am moderately happy with.  I made another pair of shorts that I think are better.  And finally, I made a skirt which I think is the best.

FIVE
I am completely in love with the Gemini Baby Carrier.  A wonderful friend of mine saw it recently for a steal and thought of me.  Probably to get me to stop asking to borrow her Ergo!  Catherine, who has become quite the climber lately, took a tumble the other morning and wanted to be cuddled and held for the majority of the day and this carrier completely saved me.

SIX
I stumbled upon this Stroller Exercise Routine the other day.  I'd like to give it a shot.  People passing by might think that I am crazy, but oh well.

SEVEN

Here's an awesome photo that my husband took.  

Be sure to check out more Quick Takes.


1 comment:

  1. 1. Clearly you have never eaten a frozen bean burrito, or you'd recognize those as beans! With fungus (white chocolate chips?) and mold on top (powdered sugar?). You tell me if that's appetizing!? You must be hungry.

    2. Can they be counted as one? Speaking of food groups, have you noticed how the Obama food plate is no different than the previous food pyramid, and that both are equally unhealthy? Nuts.

    5. Who was it?

    6. There's a woman who lives on MCB Quantico who exercises with her double-wide stroller with two kids. She goes long distances too. Don't think you'd look crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!