Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby Blanket Fit for a Little Diva


I just love this yarn!  It was another one of my super exciting dollar store finds.  I think that this yarn has spunk and feminine charm--a great combination for a crocheted blanket!

I had given you a sneak peak of this project before.

This was one of my "feel it out as it goes" projects.  I chained stitched until it seemed like the right size and then I did a basic shell pattern until it was a square and then trimmed all the edges with the same shell pattern.  Nothing too fancy.  

But I am very happy with how it turned out!  It is a crocheted blanket fit for any little diva!



The balls of yarn that I used were fairly small--124 yards--so this took about 8 balls.
Interestingly, the first four lined up in such a manor to look like stripes, where the next four are more random.
I can't decide if I like this effect or not.

Close up of a corner--you can see the fun edging.
Finished product lying in the sun.

Check out all of these awesome places to party!


My entry into Wow Me Wednesday sponsored 
by Appliances Online and Bosch Washing Machines

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love the yarn too!!!!!! It's PERFECT and very Diva!!

    I HOPE you'll share this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!! PLEASE!
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/04/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice blanket also, but not as nice as the one you are being FEATURED WITH on our blog! did you check it out already??!! Well, you deserve the Qdos, and to post our badge on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that color combo! thanks so much for sharing at tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very pretty! The yarn looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crocheting! Your blanket turned out very nice! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a lot of work. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blanket with gorgeous colours!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! I've never seen a blanket like this before. It looks sooo cozy!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color combination.. :) Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!