Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Girlie and Graceful Crochet Ruffle Scarf Pattern


Here's a fun crocheted scarf that I designed on a whim.  At first I had wanted to make a fun crocheted twisty ruffle scarf like this one in my Etsy shop.  However, I didn't think that I had enough yarn.  (Twisty scarves use a surprising amount of yarn!)  But I really wanted something with a little bit of a ruffle AND I wanted it to be long.  I love long scarves.


So, this is what I came up with!  First I made a skinny scarf using double crochet just a tad shorter than I wanted.  I believe that both of the scarves pictured are less than 15 stitches wide.  Then I double crocheted all around the skinny scarf putting two stitches in every spaces.  I did a second row of double crochet all around alternating two stitches in one space, two stitches in one space, one stitch in one space.  It was finished off with a row of single crochet.  How's that for a super simple pattern?


This is an incredibly versatile basic pattern that I've done twice so far -- and I am sure that I am going to use it again!  The ruffle can be just barely there, or almost twisty all depending on how many stitches are done in the same space and the number of rows.  The main body can be super skinny or thick.   It could be a winter scarf using a heavier yarn or an all year round accessory using a lighter specialty yarn.  The possibilities are endless!


So what do you think?  Are you going to try to make a Girlie and Graceful Crochet Ruffle Scarf?  I'd love to hear about it if you do!


Follow on Bloglovin 



Check out these awesome link parties!




7 comments:

  1. You look so hopeful wearing that scarf; clearly more people should buy your inspirational products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well, to be fair I haven't offered this one in my shop yet. Not sure if the end of winter is the best time to sell them either... :-)

      Delete
  2. You made a very pretty crocheted scarf! I love the ruffles on it. Enjoy wearing your new scarf you made.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading each and every one!